Just a few days in Bali

Jimbaran, Indonesia

Friday 5th Dec

Hotel: Intercontinental Hotel Jimbaran Bay: Room 6115.

We arrived at the hotel at about 3pm and started out with High Tea. We spent the rest of the afternoon by the pool before heading to the sunset beach bar where we stayed for the evening. We enjoyed some cocktails and bar snacks before heading back to our room to retire.

Saturday 6th

Mark and I went for our usual beach walk whilst Tom chilled at the Cabana by the pool. The pollution along the beach was considerable which was most unpleasant and a distinct difference from my last walk here just a few months ago. We were bare foot for this walk but one really needed sand-shoes!

The three of us then had a swim and brekky and headed to Kuta for a few hours of shopping. The boys bought Polo tops and we had fun choosing some DVDs before taking a bit of a break with a massage. I found a lovely silver shop that is now short of two pairs of earrings and Mark found a Bin-tang shop that is short one long neck! I left a necklace at the silver shop to be cleaned that we would then pick up on Monday. We then headed home for High Tea and an afternoon by the pool. We couldn’t drum up the energy to head out for dinner so ordred some room service instead.

Sunday 7th

Mark and I went for our walk before meeting up with Tom at the pool for our morning swim. We spent the morning around the pool again as the boys need to relax before their afternoon Golf game. I, on the other hand, booked an afternoon facial.

My facial ended up being as much fun as golf was for Mark. Mark was beaten by Tom and my face was beaten by some Balinese girl. We met up again by the pool bar and compared stories before heading across the road to Balique for dinner. This was highly rated on TripAdvisor but wouldn’t be scored so by us. The food was ok but nothing special so we finished up quickly and headed back to the hotel for a night swim before bed.

Monday 8th

The day started the same as all the others: Mark and I walking and then meeting Tom at the pool for a swim and coffee. We headed to Kuta after breakfast to collect my necklace but it was so hot we headed home straight after and spent the day by the pool. The day was punctuated by the usual High Tea and afternoon drinks by the pool before we walked down the beach to Cuca for dinner. Mark had checked out the location earlier in the day and advised me it was a ‘sort of Tapas’ place. I wasn’t that keen based on that appraisal but was most pleasantly surprised once the food arrived. I think ‘sharing plates’ would be a better assessment of the fare and the 5 dishes we had were not only delicious but innovative as well. The head chef is Canadian and married to a Spanish girl hence the ‘tapas’ focus. I highly recommend this restaurant if you’re ever down this way. Their web site is @ http://www.cucaflavor.com/ We eventually wandered home via the beach and had another night time pool dip before bed.

Tuesday 9th

This morning was slightly different to the last few in that Tom joined us for our morning walk. This was followed by breakfast before heading back to the pool. Our flight departs at 10.30 pm and we have transport booked for 7.30 pm. The plan for the day was more pool, High Tea and then a massage at 3pm before more pool and sunset drinks.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.