Noosa: last few days

Wednesday 19th June:

It was another beautiful morning and Mark joined his new bike buddies for a morning ride whilst I took another board-walk morning walk. This would be a routine that would be easy to get used to.

Our plan for today was to re-visit Eumundi markets so as to cover the section of stalls we didn’t get to last time. This proved to be worthwhile as this area was where many local fashion designers displayed their wares and I was sorry the girls weren’t here to enjoy this time with us.

We stopped off to sample some more food from one of the food trucks and this turned into a lengthy stop. We shared a table with another couple and overhead them musing whether they’d rather retire to the Noosa or Surfers Paradise area. This was a similar conversation to one Mark and I had been mulling and my wry smile drew their interest. Kathy and Dean hail from Adelaide and share an interest in escaping the cooler southern temperatures that we now do as well. It was rather fun bouncing different options and ideas around for the hour or so before we parted ways.

Mark couldn’t depart Eumundi without another visit to the Brewery and so that’s where we drifted to after lunch. We headed home after that with just one stop to buy fish for our BBQ dinner.



Thursday 19th June: Our last full day

It was overcast to start our last full day but we managed to get in a morning walk; Mark deciding to joined me for the last morning outing. Our plan for the day was to take the ferry from Noosa to Tewantin and so we set out to catch the 11.30 am ferry.

The ferry departed from behind the Sofitel hotel, about a 5 min walk from the bottom of the 200 steps down to Hastings Street, and tales about 35 minutes for the full journey with 4 other stops along the way. It was interesting to check out the real estate along the river and there were some spectacular homes.

We alighted at the final stop, Tewantin, and planned to visit the local art Gallery before finding somewhere for lunch during our 2 hour stay; the next ferry back was not until 2.20 pm. The Gallery was closed though as they were changing their exhibits and so we strolled the short strip of the the main street of town and checked out the local pub and RSL. The pub was rather disappointing and so Mark opted for a beer at the RSL. I bought a second hand book in the High street but wished I’d waited for the RSL as they had a section of second hand books that were much cheaper.

We headed back to the Marina to find somewhere for lunch as there were a few restaurants and cafes to choose from down there. The cafe, Cafe VinCino, was rather busy and looked popular so we opted for that and scored a table on the back deck looking out over the water. We shared a steak sandwich and , whilst not the best of our trip, the location and setting was nice. There was even time for a Gelato before the return ferry and Mark sampled a black Hawaii ice cream which made the visit more worth the while. The ferry had us back at Noosa by around 3 pm and we headed home, up to the 200 steps, for a rest before our last Noosa dinner.

It was rather cool and a bit drizzly by the time we were heading down to dinner and so we decided to drive. We managed to park close to O-Ren where we were dining so that was some achievement. O-Ren describes itself as a brew-house and modern Asian restaurant and offers up to 9 Craft beers so you can appreciate the appeal this place had for Mark. The food was great though and on par with the experience we had on our first night, at Locale, so I’d highly recommend you add this place to you Noosa ‘to do’ list.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.